Sunday, January 30, 2005

Mobile Mystics and Open Houses

On Saturday the Mobile Mystics paraded at the early time of 12 noon. The day parades normally would roll at 2:30 but because of the Senior Bowl the city asked them to go early so there were would be enough police coverage.

Read the Article from Mobile Register
Multiple parades hit Coastal area
Sunday, January 30, 2005
By RUSS HENDERSON and DAN MURTAUGH
Staff Reporters


Read the Article from Mobile Register
Styles of madness
Monday, January 31, 2005
By THE MASKED OBSERVER
Mardi Gras Columnist













Also that afternoon I went to the Order of Lashe's and the Comic Cowboys open house at their float barns. The floats for the Lashe's were really nice and the Comic Cowboys floats were 'without malice' very funny.










































Saturday Night I made a stop at the Mobile Mystics ball that was held at the convention center. They had a very large crowd as usual but the maskers seemed a little tired as they came off the stage. This was possibly due to the early time they had their parade. After leaving I made my way over the Civic Center only to find out that the doors were closed for call outs. After a little begging and pleading I was allowed to enter and view the tableau's. As with many of the older non-parading groups this organization did many very well choreographed skits. The emblem peacock opened the ball with her large headdress and peacock plumes dragging the floor behind her. To close the tableaux the lovely queen made her appearance with one of the most beautiful trains I have ever seen. The train had a large multi-colored peacock that covered the whole train. I did take some pictures at the ball but with a disposable camera and I will post them as soon as I can.

No comments: